Thursday 13 November 2014

BestAir 3BT-6 Original BT Humidifier Bacteriostatic Water Treatment

I use a cap full in each bottle of water in my bemis humidifer and BestAir 3BT-6 Original BT Humidifier Bacteriostatic Water Treatment really helps with build up and that musty smell of setting water. We bought a humidifier last winter (2013) and after two months the filter started to smell. This year (2012) I read the product reviews and purchased this stuff along with a new filter. It has been three months and our humidifier filters does not smell. 
BestAir 3BT-6 Humidifier Bacteriostatic Works extremely well and one bottle will last the entire winter season.
Have used this product for the past 2 years and have always been very satisfied. The filters stay clean and there is no build up of calcium or other junk on the tank and never any odor as others have mentioned. I highly recommend this for your use in humidefiers.
Before buying this the filter it had a musty sort of smell even though I would rinse the filter and clean the humidifier weekly. With this product I do not have this smell. A rich, moist, and slightly warmer environment like that in a humidifier is pretty much a playground for microbes including fungi and bacteria. I would advise finding a 5 milliliter syringe and using that to put the treatment into your humidifier. The easiest method is just to translate that out to 5mL/gallon. Works beautifully.
  • For use in ALL evaporative type humidifiers
  • Helps control bacterial & algae build-up
  • Eliminates unpleasant odors
  • Not for use in vaporizers or ultrasonic humidifiers
Like chlorine used in pools and drinking water. Chlorine is highly corrosive and deadly in the concentrated forms used in pools. After using BestAir 3BT-6 Original BT Humidifier Bacteriostatic Water Treatment full bottle, I feel confident the diluted form in the water and then the ever more diluted form that is in the air seems safe. Also, different liquids evaporate at different temperatures. So I wonder how much of the diluted chemicals even make it into the evaporated water.

I did notice that if you add this before filling with water, it gets very foamy. So I fill with water first and then add this solution. I don't have any proof, but the water seems clean and the tanks seem to stay clean longer and without build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment