Thursday 13 November 2014

Hakko CHP-170 Micro Clean Cutter, 16 Gauge Maximum Cutting Capacity

This Hakko CHP-170 Micro Clean Cutter is the best by far when it comes to cutting those tough to reach RDA coil leads. I have a Hakko 888 soldering station that I love and I decided to see if other Hakko-branded products meet the same standard. I find that these cutters do meet the standard. I have always wanted a pair of these...spring handle...flush cut...comfortable and substantial.
Micro Clean Cutter, 16 Gauge Maximum Cutting Capacity
This is a very good pair of diagonal cutters. The blades are aligned, sharp, and true and I always get a good clean cut. I frequently use this on component leads, #18 awg solid and stranded as well as on #14 stranded copper-clad steel antenna wire with no problems.
They have a pretty wide range of cutting different gauges. So far I have really enjoyed being able to flush cut a solder joint and get the shrink to go on smoothly. Recently I got into 3D printing, and discovered that I needed a lot of different finishing tools for my projects. In the past I've used razor blades and X-Acto knives, each of which has its strong points, but I've discovered that I needed something that is both strong and precise for these tasks.

The cutters are small and well-built. They fit in your hand very nicely. They cut the extra plastic off very easily and precisely. The best of all, the Hakko CHP-170 Micro Clean Cutter, 16 Gauge Maximum Cutting Capacity is *very* competitively priced. What more could you want for a pair of small gauge side cutters? They're sharp; they feel good in the hand with grippy rubber coated handles; they're inexpensive, they cut cleanly and easily and they shipped quickly. Highly recommended.

I tend to grab these cutters as opposed to a small cuticle scissors or nail clipper as the black tips show exactly where you are cutting when faced with shiny wire and shiny atty posts. Very sharp, very clean sounding cut, easy on the hands ( I have large hands). They do INDEED say Made in Italy on the handle! I can not prove otherwise that they are not. But I am thankful for other countries making quality products than the JUNK we are buying from China these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment