Thursday 13 November 2014

Nite Ize GT6-2PK-01 Gear Tie Reusable 6-Inch Rubber Twist Tie

A simple concept and a quality product with a multitude of uses! I purchased these with a few specific applications in mind, e.g. bundling and hiding electronic cords, and they have worked very well. I have purchased two more batches, each with several packets in different lengths, because I am finding so many more uses for them: at home, in the car, at motels/hotels, on hiking gear.
 Nite Ize GT6-2PK-01 Gear Tie Reusable 6-Inch Rubber Twist Tie
This is great for shortening up cords. I have two cell phones, one for work and a personal, and with as much as I'm on the phone while traveling, its great to shorten up the cords so when not in use, they aren't dangling on the floor boards of my truck.
Gear Tie Reusable Rubber Twist Ties from Nite Ize are perfect for temporarily wrapping up cords of appliances, computer equipment, or electronics (eg, headphones). The first time I saw a Nite Ize Gear Tie, I wondered why I hadn't thought of inventing that product myself. I use them for tying up cords for my iPod headphones, rice maker, steam iron, computer cables, and about 100 other annoying electric cords found around the house.

This is wonderful because the cords become neat little bundles that can easily be untied and used, and then tied up again, with ease. Cords of counter- and desk- top appliances no longer have cords hanging around. Headphone cables no longer become a tangled mess. Look around, I'll bet you can count 50 cords that could be tied up.
  • Item contains 2 gear ties
  • Perfect in the garage, car, on the boat, or around the house to secure and organize anything and everything
  • Thousands of uses
  • Use indoors or outdoors
  • Six inch size is perfect for medium jobs: cables, hairdryers, indoor extension cords, and small appliance cords
  • Strong wire inside rubber coating won't lose its shape
I say these Nite Ize GT6-2PK-01 Gear Tie Reusable 6-Inch Rubber Twist Tie are for temporary use because they are designed to be tied and untied, a million times or so. If you want to permanently tie your cords it's probably better, and surely cheaper, to use good old cable ties (sometimes called zip ties). How about length? The 3 inch version is perfect for wrapping up iPod headphone or other VERY small cables. You'll be surprised how big (ie, circumference) a bundled cord can be so be careful with the 3 inch.

This 6 inch version is just right for wrapping cords of coffee makers, lamps, and perhaps thinner vacuums and so forth. There's an 18 inch version that I've used in the garage for thick extension cords, cords from circular saws, and so forth. Better than any twist tie and can tie multiple larger items. I now have a nice little stock pile of them! Definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment